What are Temporary Orders?

Trust the lawyers at The Law Offices of Doppelt and Forney, APLC to assist you in your divorce, legal separation or paternity case in San Diego County. During the free consultation, we will provide you with legal analysis and potential techniques to help you obtain your legal goals and protect your rights. We represent clients in family law court in all of the court houses in San Diego County including downtown, Vista, Chula Vista and El Cajon. Our firm assists with the preparation of all pleadings and court appearances as necessary including the family resolution conferences. We also handle post judgment motions including motions for modification of child and spousal support and the parenting plan as well as motions to set aside the judgment and enforcement of the judgment, among many other services.

To fully understand our range of services and how we could help you in your San Diego divorce case, call us today to schedule a free consultation.

Once the divorce is final, you and your ex-spouse will have figured out how to handle things such as child custody and visitation, child support and spousal support. But what do you do until then?

While you’re in the middle of the divorce, you may need temporary orders to help you deal with these issues until they are resolved. Official court order can take months and even years, so until then, temporary court orders are extremely important in regards to child support, spousal support, and child custody and visitation.

The court grants temporary orders when it is necessary to do so. They can occur either through mediation, a judge, or a hearing. These rulings usually last until an official settlement is reached.

These orders can temporarily handle the following matters:

• Use of the marital home
• Use of the family car
• Child support
• Spousal support
• Child custody and visitation
• Health Insurance
• Uninsured medical expenses

If you would like to obtain a temporary order, you must file specific paperwork with the court. You may be able to go on your local courthouse’s website to find the correct documents to start the process. You may also need to provide additional documents to the court to support your request for a temporary order.

If you need to file for a temporary order, discuss your options with a family law attorney. Especially in cases with children, it is important plans are either put into place in writing and agreed upon by both parents without a temporary order, or a temporary order is issued so it is clear to both parents and followed until the official settlement is reached.

Call Today for a Free Consultation
Are you in need of an experienced divorce lawyer in the San Diego area? Call The Law Offices of Doppelt and Forney, APLC to schedule your FREE consultation with an experienced attorney today. We specialize in divorce, legal separation, child custody, child support and visitation, spousal support and more. Call today and feel peace of mind tonight with Doppelt and Forney.

Contact Information