The Law Office of Doppelt and Forney, APLC practices all aspects of family law. This includes all divorce, legal separation and paternity cases. From high-asset divorce to child support and child custody & visitation, we are here to help. At the consultation, an experienced attorney will give you legal analysis and provide you with strategies to try and obtain your goals and protect your rights.
We are here to help you through motions for spousal support, child support and visitation, child custody, attorney’s fees, and more. We can also assist with the preparation for mandatory family court services mediation. And of course, we will negotiate with opposing counsel or opposing party to try to settle the case if possible. Call today to learn more about how The Law Offices of Doppelt and Forney, APLC can help you through your family law case in San Diego.
Miguel Cabrera, one of the highest paid athletes in the world, has been ordered to pay his ex-mistress $20,000 a month in child support.
Cabrera fathered two children with his ex-mistress, and he also has three children with his wife.
Cabrera had already been paying his ex-mistress $20,000 a month before the court order, but cut the amount to only $5,000 a month in mid-2017 after his wife discovered the affair and filed for divorce. She later decided to not go through with the divorce.
The court ruling:
– Respondent (Cabrera) to pay $20,000 per month in Child Support. Respondent owes an arrearage of $89,581 to be paid by 5/1/2019.
– Respondent to pay the house mortgage off by 7/1/2019
– Respondent to provide health, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage for children.
– Respondent to pay all educational and extracurricular activities for children. (private school, uniforms, shoes, sports uniforms and supplies)
– Respondent to pay for DCF approved day care and will be an allocated expense.
– Respondent to pay for vacations and birthday parties, and provide yearly Walt Disney, Sea World, Universal and Orlando Science Center passes.
– Respondent to pay attorney fees.
– The court denies the request for College tuition.
– Respondent to carry a $5,000,000 life insurance policy until the youngest child ages out.
Miguel Cabrera is best known as the star player for the Detroit Tigers. Cabrera signed an 8 year, $248 million contract with the Detroit Tigers, with an annual average salary of $31 million. Mathematically, his salary equals almost $50,000 per bat over the next decade, according to USA Today. He has a current net worth of about $125 million.
Call Today for a Free Consultation
Going through a divorce? Don’t go through it alone! Call the Law Office of Doppelt and Forney, APLC today to schedule a free consultation with an experienced lawyer, never a paralegal or other staff member. We represent clients in family law court in all of the court houses in San Diego County including downtown, Vista, Chula Vista and El Cajon.